Old Apr 6, 09, 9:45 pm
martinfoss

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
The next morning, I woke up, on my first morning as a 25-year old .
Had breakfast in the hotel, which was nice.. I always eat hot breakfast in hotels, and this was no exception. In my original TR, I can also read that the scrambled egg "tasted better than they looked"..

The only negative side of the breakfast, was when I was finished eating. I had some tea left, so I decided to go and get a waffle, a chocolate muffin, and another glass of orange juice. However, when I came back, they had "cleaned"my table, and I suddenly had no tea . I finished the juice and the waffle, ans took the muffin to my room..

Checked out right after 11, and headed back to Paddington station. Got directions from the Front Desk-lady, and I found out that hadn't exactly taken the easiest way the day before.. Now, well...

Back at Paddington, I was really looking forward to travel First Class!.. Did I mention it was by train, by the way??

Found a ticket machine, and printed out my tickets for a return trip to Cardiff, First Class both ways.. I then proceeded to WH Smith, and got something to read, and something to drink, as well as some chocolate..

We, were after a while, allowed to board, and I found car H at the rear end. I remember having seat 7F.. I too me a little while to understand, that of the two seats called 7, I had the one with the Face in the "driving direction".. Here's a picture of how it looked like:

Picture taken from my seat, with a table between me and another seat, that remained empty..

Had a nice journey, and I think we arrived in Cardiff on time. Got off the train, and decided to try my iPhone again for navigation, but couldn't quite figure out where to go, so I asked a taxi-driver if he knew the hotel (Park Plaza), and he could tell me that it was on the other side of town.. (Thank you Google Maps, for making it look so close to the railwaystation ). I then decided to let him drive me to the hotel, and that's when I learned that the town itself wasn't that big, and I guess it took less that 5 minutes before we arrived at the hotel. He wanted 4.30.. Now me and foreign coins... Found the 4.30, and grabbed a couple of other coins as a tip, and that brought a big smile to his face! Proceeded indoors, where a lovely girl managed to check me in.. I can also recall, that her name was Martine. Quite funny, as I always thought of that as a norwegian name.. Plus, it's just really a nice name .

The room was nice, and the minibar was stocked, so I started unstocking it.
Later, it was dinner time.. Cardiff has a Hard Rock Cafe, and i always visit them, if i'm in a town where they have one I haven't visited before.. So, walked down to the HRC, which by the way was almost back at the railwaystation.. Was greeted and seated, and was served by a lovely, female waitress. I had this:

HRC Bruschetta
A new twist on bruschetta. Freshly toasted
French baguette bread brushed with olive oil,
fresh garlic and herb cream cheese. Topped with
balsamic marinated diced tomatoes and grated
Romano cheese.

Smoked Bar-B-Que
Beef Brisket Sandwich
Our slow hickory smoked thick sliced beef brisket
topped with Hickory Bar-B-Que sauce
and crisp fried onion straws. Served with
seasoned fries, ranch beans and fresh coleslaw.

Ice Cream
Our Hard Rock signature ice cream
offerings are Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry.

Had never seen those bruschettas before, and I must admit I liked them.. Too bad they were a bit too much for one.. All in all, a great meal at the HRC, and a lovely service! However, now I had had too much to eat, so the only logical place for me to go, was my bed, to rest a bit..

I also decided to try out the hotel bar, so after a while, i went down, and sat down at the bardisk, and ordered a Gin Tonic.. I then wanted another one, but it was simply impossible to get the attention of anyone workng there.. Now, I don't like to disturb a busy bartender, but they seemed busy all the time. i would however escpect, that when they see a guest with an empty glass, they would ask if he wanted another drink? Well, not here, so I went back upstairs, and continued the unstocking of the mini-bar..

The next morning, I woke up, and headed for breakfast. I was asked if I wanted the continental or the full buffet, and since i prefer hot breakfast at hotels, I went for the full, ad most expensive one.. Brakfast was obviously not included, so he would add the extra charge to my bill. Well, alright..

Had an even better breakfast than in London, and in addition to the tea, also toast was served by the table.. Also managed to get that chocolate muffin, with my table being cleand while I was out getting it ^.

After breakfast, it was time to check out. Was asked if all the charges from the minibar were correct, which I sais they were. Next question: Did you have an extra breakfast? No, just one.. Turned that the breakfast was included, and I had been charged for another one.. No problem though, as she quickly "un-charged" it..

Went back to the railwaystation, this time by foot, and sat down and waaaaaaited.. The train arrived on time, and the journey back to London was just as comfortable and uneventful as the previous one.

At Paddington, I made a quick pit-stop at Garfunkle's across the road, for a quick lunch, before heading out to Heathrow on the express.

At T5, check in and security went smoothly, and that was about the last thing that actually went smoothly on this trip..