FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN Lanpass Comodoro FT members - Do you have comodoro status?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:13 am
atakam

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Good idea. I think it is important to share with LAN what are the best benefits of other programs in order to improve Comodoro. I agree with brahms77 to "Make Comodoro membership more worth-while than just a small difference from Premier Silver status".
For instance I would like LAN to treat Comodoro status like UA 1K/GS such as:
1) Reservations: currently I don't see any difference with general member
2) Check in: the only benefit is the C class counter (flying on LAN), but the ground staff actually don't care too much if you are Comodoro or not (maybe only with baggage excess weight).
3) On board: the FAs don't use an elite list to take orders. They serve from row 1 to the back. If you are on row 5 (767), being Comodoro you will for sure have no meal choice. Also on UA it feels good when the CP recognizes your status and introduces her/him before departure.
4) Website: enable Comodoro elites to upgrade online (like UA), even eliminating the unlimited upgrades to 6 or 8 per year like. I think is better than getting to the airport unupgraded and ask for something you are entitled but sometimes the check in agent doesn't know (specially airports outside Chile).
Block seat besides a Comodoro elite and assign it only if full flight.

Let's try make a list adding some AA or other major airlines benefits that are interesting to keep their elites. This could be interesting for LAN, since they require at least 4 flights with LA to qualify. If many elites switch to LANPASS then they will get high revenue customers for sure.