FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at MSP
Thread: Cars at MSP
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:08 pm
ord_is_home

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I fly to MSP quite a bit (was there last week and will be there tomorrow), and my company comped us to Emerald and Exec Selection, so I've been renting from National exclusively since. At first, the Nat@MSP ES aisle impressed me with their nice selection of Volvos and Pontiac G8s, but recently those nice cars are a rare sight, at least when I get there (around 9AM on Mondays). One of the managers there told me that the Volvos have dwindled due to how expensive they are to maintain; apparently National has to send the cars to Volvo and they do the maintenance, whereas all other cars are serviced on-site.

However, they do have plenty of newer, loaded Malibus, a lot of recent Nissan product (why can't I grab a loaded Maxima?) and they still do have those elusive G8s (I'd love to drive away in a GT version of these days!). I also discovered a nice, recent addition to their fleet last week: loaded Ford Tauruses (not the egg-shaped ones but the ones based on the previous Ford 300s). Leather seats, powerful engines, and my favorite feature: Microsoft Sync, which allows voice-activated commands, Bluetooth mobile phone operation, and even an iPod voice-activated interface, if you remember to bring your iPod USB cable.

All in all, I like them a lot. They are a pretty friendly bunch, so I look forward to more nice upgrades in the near future at MSP.