FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This takes nerve: $5.50+tax "resort fee" for a $36 Rodeway
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:26 pm
toomanybooks
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
UPDATE:

Well, I took my son to see The Mouse March 30-April 4 and as I was interested in hotel hopping to take advantage of the current 8000 Choice bonus promotion, I decided to use this Rodeway (5995 Irlo Bronson) 3 times, with 2 Quality Inn Eastgates nestled in between.

The rate (50+) was down to about $30.59 by the time I booked.

This resort fee is a strange beast.

1. At first, it was mentioned on the www.choicehotels.com online reservation page ($5.50).

2. Then it started NOT appearing when I made my reservations.

3. Then when I checked in at the front desk, it was printed as $5.00 on the form I signed.

4. But when the receipt printed at checkout, it was only $3.39! The same all three times.

About $37.50 all-in.

By the way, this is a pretty decent Rodeway. 4 buildings, so it has a nice pool. It's next door to a HoJo's, which has a gift shop with several computers for internet access ($5 per half hour). There is also a gas/convenience store 3 units down for those late-night beer runs. And there is a Dollar Rent-a-Car in the same building, if there should happen to be any car-hopping promotions going on (open 8 am to 6 pm only).

It was better (other than the breakfast), IMO, than the $49 Quality Inn Eastgate. So I will definitely be back.

Poor breakfast, but that's not surprising. But you can always run down to the convenience store for some Dunkin Donuts.

A weird thing was the toilet in one room, which had been hooked to the hot water supply! That was a first for me.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Apr 5, 2009 at 2:25 pm