FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - getting out to aisle from window seat in y, c, and f
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:07 am
Steve M

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
I always request an aisle seat, and generally speaking am not disturbed when the center or window passenger needs to use the lav. If anything, it's an excuse for me to get up and stretch my legs.

There are a few situations that do bother me: when someone wants to use the lav soon after take off or soon before landing while the Fasten Seatbelt sign is still turned on. I don't like the fact that they are out of their seat near me, and that I am forced to unbuckle and stand up myself. The other situation is in the middle of meal service when my tray table is down and full of food.

I realize that these situations are usually caused by novice travelers who aren't used to the notion that there may easily be an hour-long periods when you can't use the bathroom conveniently (around takeoff, landing, and mealtime) and fail to plan accordingly. I understand - normally, we're all in a position where we just wait until we have to go and then almost always can find a bathroom right then.