FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Apr 2, 2009, 2:56 pm
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by thebat
5-6 weeks from when? Now or when you ordered?
You know... this is getting a little silly.

I have orders placed in early January that are now being fulfilled. It was a little aggravating it kept being fulfilled in small parts and each time my CC was charged it stepped on the toes of my AMEX TC run (because apparently AMEX considers these purchases cash equivalences and they eat up your cash advance limit for the week week even though these are not a cash advance, and that's what's needed to buy the TC's)

Most recently I just had another portion of an early January order fulfilled yesterday! And there's no rhyme or reason as to how these orders are being fulfilled. I had a $7500 order process and deliver in less than a week in early March, and a couple medium orders placed in Jan are still slowly being processed to delivery.

In the least the Mint should consider that now that we're getting beyond 3 months since the order was placed, there increases the possibility that the CC that was originally used might not be active, or in the least at some different balance in respect to credit limits that might make just arbitrarily releasing some order and successfully charging the card to not be a guaranteed thing.