FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Apr 1, 2009, 5:17 pm
sink

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Spend one night there on March 27. Got to the hotel around 5:30PM, not sure where the valet was (came to find out at check out that it was down the street), but the doorman did show up to take care of our us and the vehicle after a few minutes.

There was no line to check in. We were assigned a high corner room with a view. I asked about the suite, and was offered the suite or the view. Took the view on the top floor 27th. The view was so-so (which overlooks the water to the north, but with a building right smack in the middle). I think we should of chose the suite.

Check out at 3AM (less than 12 hours). Got billed for $49 (12 hours to 24 hours) for parking even though the rate posted on the door specified that the rate for 4 to 12 hours was $28. The front desk person (night auditor), told me that she cannot adjust the bill; Standard parking had to adjust it. Anyhow, I was able to get my parking down to $28.