FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018
Old Mar 31, 2009, 4:27 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I was very happy with my stay here. The location works for me. I can walk to restaurants, to shops, to the theatre district. I like staying in a quieter area than the Times Square neighborhood. Subway access is excellent.

I was checked in by Paul at the front desk, who had a great attitude about platinums. As others have reported, hotel policy is to do its best to put folks in a junior suite. In many hotels, these junior suites would be called a suite. We had a living area with a small table with 2 seats, as well as a sofa and desk table at the window. We had the swivel entertainment area which served as a visual barrier between the two rooms. The bathroom was accessed from the living room. It had a large walk in shower.

Our room was xx04. We saw a friend's xx04 room. While it also was a suite, it was a different configuration. Looking at the floor map, it appeared to me that there were a number of suites on our floor. Thus, this hotel should be very good for platinums.

The hotel has a computer in a room behind the front desk where you can print boarding cards. Ask, and you will be given access.

We were allowed to take a bottle of water from the room minibar. Otherwise, there was no water in the room. Further, they have no evening turndown service.

We were very happy with our stay.