FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:14 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is interesting

Last Monday evening I order $500 and $750 each NA on 2 different cards - it is a great way to meet spending requirement for sign up bonus - the orders were placed only 12 minutes apart judged by the time stamp Mint confirmation emails.

They are both "in process" from the automatic tracking via 1-800.

I called this morning since it has been 7 days passed. CSR said the $500 order has been "picked" and sent to warehouse - so it is in the final stage of getting shipped. However, the $750 order is NOT picked yet - in other words, still in the "verification of CC info" process, despite the $750 authorization is done instantly when order submitted online. She then went on to say different cards have different timeframe for verification, as well as higher amount takes longer... Oh, the phone message is slightly different, too.

Looking back past records, all orders were between $250 and $500 (because when I first did it, I did not know how to put different prez on same order.) So this $750 is the first "higher" amount after about 1/2 doz orders in the past... so it takes longer to be "verified"?

Amazing to see those thousands worth orders got processed rather quickly, and a dingy $750 got held up.