FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Chiang Rai, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Mar 29, 2009, 7:20 am
yosithezet
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
We checked in about 90 minutes ago and it is a bit dark but here we are so far.

Pics at: http://tinyurl.com/d9e8ek (will embed them later)

We booked 1 award reservation + 1 Starwood Privilege reservation, connecting rooms requested. I see from holtju2's report that they only have the one suite. I didn't know this when I checked in but didn't ask about a suite as I pre-booked one in Khao Lak so we can do without for a few days. We received connecting rooms king + 2 singles. Both rooms had a nice bag of cookies and 2 fresh pineapples.

Local amenities have not yet been delivered. I took the 500 points but could have taken $5 for the minibar or a day of free internet. Since internet is free in public spaces, albeit with a business center-provided username/password I wasn't interested. The property is very large. Our room is quite far from the pool and on the 4th floor. We have a river view. I'll check tomorrow if there are non-river view rooms.

I asked about breakfast for the kids (7/10) after being informed that our room would get free breakfast for 2 people. After some checking we got a phone call to the room that the kids breakfast would be complimentary.

No lounge at this property and unlike LeM Khao Lak and Sheraton Pattaya, they don't provide the single drink in the bar as a trade-off. Very apologetic about explaining that each property chooses to do different things and they provide breakfast.

Will add more later...