FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National goes outrageous - and downhill fast
Old Mar 29, 2009, 6:47 am
3Cforme
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by geojet01
Well, as I've already been candid to state here, I haven't been any more or less satisfied with the service at the National competitors I've rented from. I can, however, tell you this: I've rented twice from Avis at BUR recently...
I'm glad you found a satisfactory alternative. Really, I am glad, because a higher level of service has to exist successfully for other rental firms to strive to achieve it - clear as the industry moves to a cozy oligopoly. Otherwise, every agency can stink and firms will take comfort in being 'no worse than anybody else'. Industry satisfaction ratings will suffer, but if return on capital doesn't, then executive management isn't going to care.

But I ask you to realize that two rentals from one location gives you a very narrow data set. Lots of people on this board rent monthly and even weekly. (My best effort was 5 cities/5 rentals in one week - all business.) Please record your impressions over the next ten Avis rentals and come back to let us know how it worked out.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Mar 29, 2009 at 6:58 am