FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore and Lufthansa First, Turkish Airlines Business to Uzbekistan and Berlin!
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:15 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
More than just the increasingly common bunch of photos accompanied by sparse comments...

Originally Posted by ylwae
I'm guilty of this, but please remember that not everyone has time to write long, detailed trip reports.
I understand. However, as one who used to troll the trip reports forum specifically to find, copy and save some of the best written reports (I've saved over 300 since 1999, though far fewer over the past couple of years), I would say that these days, with the advent of photo imbedding, considerably less people than ever before actually take the time to "write" a trip report. Not that there's anything wrong with this, and I accept that indeed some folks will never have the time. However, this is also our collective loss, for I believe that a nicely written trip report can take the reader along on the journey far better than a simple collection of photos alone.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 29, 2009 at 10:32 am