FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 11% Student Discount on JetBlue Flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:53 am
ZapperO

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Wanted to report that I signed up for ISIC the other day and was able to use the 11% discount. Works perfectly, however, a warning...

Because you must login through the ISIC website, it diverts you to booking through CorporateBlue and as a result, if you have Jetblue credit from a canceled flight in your TrueBlue account, you can't redeem this credit.

However, I did discover a workaround that is very YMMV. You can book using your credit card and then immediately call up JetBlue reservations and explain the situation and ask them to refund your credit card and to deduct the cost of the ticket from your TrueBlue credit. It only took 5 minutes and I did this with two different flights with the same representative!

This little card will literally save me hundreds of dollars over the next year and it only cost $25. FYI, if you happen to travel Amtrak, it also entitles you to 15% off all Amtrak tickets!

Originally Posted by aaron1262
hmm i'll have to check this out. but it looks like a good deal. on a $250 ticket we can save about $25 ^ if only b6 flew to Europe or Asia...at least they have S. America with Bogota starting up.