FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long connection in Montreal - What to do?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:56 am
cyboex19

Programs: Continental Onepass, American AAdvantage
Long connection in Montreal - What to do?

I may opt to make a long connection in Montreal en route to Paris in mid May (originating in Hartford, CT). My choices are a 1 hr 10 min connection which seems way too tight, 7 hr 22 min connection which is a very long time to sit in an airport but probably not long enough to spend a lot of time in Montreal itself?, and a 10 hr 52 min connection). The plane size does not phase me, but the BDL (Hartford) to Montreal (YUL) flight is on a Be1900D flown by Air Georgian/Air Alliance so this might need additional time if Montreal has a satellite terminal.

I was wondering what you guys might suggest as a means to go into the city on a budget (I believe there is a bus/shuttle?) and what to do in those few hours. Also, how long might it take in each direction? And I imagine this would mean I could not leave my luggage checked while I went into the city?

Finally, I consider my passport stamps as a souvenir and was wondering if passport control habitually stamps US passports or generally no. I would think that they would stamp for people entering Canada but not connecting passengers?

Thanks in advance for your help.