FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:23 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I haven't been by this forum in a while (apparently). But was just on the phone with Amex PTS regarding an upcoming last-minute Vegas trip. Got the run-down on the FHR rates for a few properties and was about to book Bellagio at $125/nt, slightly better than what I had through their website, but of course with the bennies. That in and of itself was a great deal.

Then, unprompted, the agent said that if I could move my stay a day earlier, I could get 2 FREE nights at Wynn, including FHR benefits. I was able to do that, but I asked her at least three times whether she was sure they were flat-out free.

Wow -- awesome deal.

Now I know Steve Wynn had been complaining that once they dropped their room rates in late December I think (after trying to hold rate but suffering weak occupancy most of the fourth quarter), they were able to fill the property but the quality of the guest was poor. They said they were looking at ways to attract a better guest. Clearly this is one way. That said, when you factor in all the benefits and the free room, I probably won't be spending a heck of a lot of money there, unless I go crazy with the gambling.