FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking issues on FB website
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2009, 6:36 am
Pteropous

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Couldn't find this reported earlier: Required miles change to an inexplicable number.

I'm trying to do something with 2 x 25000 expiring miles at family members' accounts. Attempting to book something intra-Europe ex-HEL, and avoid AMS with its hideous taxes. As AF-flights aren't bookable through the web interface (this, I believe, is old news), I’m mainly looking at anything to Mediterranean with OK via PRG. First trying the Finnish KLM and AF sites, and everything ends up with the infamous "For technical reasons, we are currently unable to respond to your request. We apologise for the inconvenience."

After experimenting with several different country home pages, the AF French site finally seems to work without the “technical reasons” problem. Instead, it tells me that Le montant en Miles de votre voyage a changé. Le nombre de Miles requis pour ce voyage s'élève désormais à 55 000.

Now, how is that possible? 55 000 miles cannot be any logical economy class awards, since it should be 25 000, 37 500 or 50 000 with various classic/flex combinations. Only possibility is an eco flex + business classic, but all flights show “économique” for cabin class

I guess I just have to call them – just hate the prospect of having to spell them names of persons (different from the account holders) with various nationalities, which they will without doubt get wrong (as usual).