FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Oz Fest #6" - Cairns Queensland - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-24, 2009
Old Mar 23, 2009, 5:37 am
Itsalongwaydown

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Commitment

As the saying goes:

The time has come the Walrus said etc etc!!!!!

People now need to commit to the various events and pay money so we can confirm bookings where necessary. Please post publically and email Allan (Mwenenzi) and myself at 'ozfest at mail dot com' with the relevant heading OzFest 2009 and your Flyer Talk name. (so we know who has sent what) When you email, advise your payment method and I’ll respond with the appropriate account details.

Pre payment is needed for the Kuranda Trip ($A98), the Dinner Cruise ($A66) and the Green Island ($A66 or $A81)/Reef Cruise ($A173 0r $A190). Please remember that ALL payment amounts are in $$$Australian dollars$$$.

Payment options are a direct transfer into my Australian bank account for Ozzies and Pay Pal or an Amex or Visa debit for overseas visitors. The direct deposit works well for people in Australia as there are no fees but can be expensive for those overseas so it is not really a viable option. I’ll provide my BSB and account numbers on request.

The AMEX or Visa debit method will have a 1.0% fee so is the best and preferred overseas option. You will need to provide your account name; number and expiry date and the deduction will be made in Aust Dollars.

Pay Pal also works well but has a 3% fee attached also so it is the worst method all around. It’s up to individuals to work out what is best for themselves. If you don’t pay you won’t be booked or confirmed as attending the places that need prepayment.

A reminder that full details are available on the thread at post #380.

The Excel spreadsheet skills of Allan (Mwenenzi) are certainly appreciated. Allan always manages to sort, the who is doing what and the who is staying where mess.

Lifting a few words from ozstamps from last year:

No show - too bad, so sad .. them's the breaks, sorry. You cancelling means others pay more on some pricey fully pre-paid events. That's the law of the jungle, and has been for all FT events I have been part of organising. Sign up late by all means if you are NOT sure you'll attend, but in some cases you could totally miss out by waiting too long. We need to know exactly WHAT you are signing up for.

Confirm and pay - and you are set. The names you see with codes next to them in red have confirmed and paid. THANK you to near all, for the superb co-operation with that.

Last edited by Itsalongwaydown; Mar 23, 2009 at 8:05 pm Reason: Extra Text