FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)
Old Mar 23, 2009, 12:22 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by MorganB
Thank you for the great trip report and info! I would just like to post an observation about the above. Many French hotels do have swimming pools. Particularly at this level. Perhaps their pool is exceptionally nice.
Well, I do find the swimming pool very nice. Actually, unless I am mistaken, few upmarket hotels have an indoor swimming pool around Paris; you do have the Ritz, the Bristol, l'Hotel, the Costes, the Novotel Front de Seine, and a few others (the Royal Monceau is closed). In addition, the swimming pool at the Trianon Palace is, IIRC, 22m long, which is quite unusual, wide enough to have 3 or 4 persons swimming laps, the water temperature is 28°C, and the surroundings are quite elegant. I really enjoy swimming there when I have the opportunity, it is much more enjoyable than the smallish, 9m long swimming pool at the Hilton CDG.