FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)
Old Mar 22, 2009, 1:31 pm
bamboola

Trianon will offer free Diamond breakfast

I requested a meeting with M. Pascal Groelle, the GM of the Trianon Palace, on my last morning (March 16) at the hotel.

M. Groelle confirmed that the Trianon Palace is the ONLY Hilton hotel that does not offer free breakfast to Diamond members. He stated that Blackstone agreed to this exception while the Trianon Palace worked out the details with the hotel restaurant.

M. Groelle has now reached an agreement and Diamond members will begin receiving free breakfast. When I pressed him for a date, M. Groelle said that I could post April 15, 2009, as the starting date for free breakfast. He also said I could post his name on FT for those who have questions and wish to speak to him directly when they stay at the Trianon Palace.

While my rate included breakfast, I decided to speak to M. Groelle as a service to all the FTalkers from whom I have learned so much.

I also asked M. Groelle about my Diamond welcome gift, which I never received. He said it would have been a small box of chocolates - more calories that I really don't need.

Other observations -

1. The Trianon offered only one (instead of two) bottles of water per day. On the last day, I had to call for water because it was not delivered.

2. The hotel breakfast was on par with offerings in most European Exec Lounges - croissants, bread, fruit, yogurt, juice, cheese, cold cuts, sauteed veggies, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Two special treats were a large tray of smoked salmon and a baked pear custard. The restaurant servers were friendly and available to offer assistance.

3. Stephane, the concierge, was very helpful. At my request, he sent an email to my husband to let him know I had arrived safely in France.

4. The hotel is very proud of its swimming pool - something that most French hotels do not have.

5. The hotel offers the standard Crabtree & Evelyn La Source toiletries. Our room was next to the Versailles Suite. One morning, the cleaning staff offered to let us see the suite. The suite still has Molton Brown toiletries.

6. To reach the main market square (open Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays), exit the hotel and turn right. Go through the Grilles de la Reine (Queen's Gate), turn left and go through Neptune's Gate. Continue left and exit Dragon's Gate. You will be on Paroisse Street. Stay on this street until you reach the market.

Last edited by bamboola; Mar 22, 2009 at 1:42 pm Reason: Edited to provide more details