FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2009, 4:15 am
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
A shoot-the-moon opportunity?

Originally Posted by best
Yes, just change registration of the card to the different airline.
How soon can one come back to the airline RN program you've severed, and get another bonus? Do the RN program"s" thwart this? As I've mentioned in passing elsewhere, earning by churning all the enrollment bonuses trivializes the difference between non-elite and elite status, until the music stops -- either when the earning period expires or Katie bars the door.

Depending on the answer, I can envision one of those saga FlyerTalk posts from someone who has the time, followed by all the "Shame on you!" comments, followed by the classic FT uptake, then, "Anybody get theirs yet?" etc. etc., then *all fall down*, across a couple thousand posts... as Katie at Rewards Network, who processes "SkyMiles Rewards Network" bonuses one minute and "Dividend Miles Rewards Network" bonuses the next, gets a little backed up.....

I have found one speed bump (challenge): Each time you leave a Rewards Network program for "another" one, even though they are "different (airline) programs" for elite status, you can't use a username that you've ever used before with RN. ...Only a problem for those of us who are username memory-challenged, of course.

Or, am I just the newb saying these things while the sages stand around saying, "Oh really.....? Why, I didn't know that..... Hmmm..... "

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 21, 2009 at 5:21 am