FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - November "Bring Your Mug Month" Trips
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2003, 3:06 am
jimcfsus

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
I hit the cockroach jackpot!

My upgrade cleared to SFO, seat 1C. FC wasn't filled on an A321... 2 seats empty. FC service was actually decent. Meals were choice of Shrimp Scampi (what I got), Roasted Chicken or a cold Chicken plate. Scampi was excellent, but it only ahd shrimp (6 nice ones) and some rice. No veggies. Small salad and cheesecake brought out together. Choice of bread was brought around. Much better service/attitude than when I flew to Vegas in September.

The main FA, Calvin, loved the mug! Once all were fed, he talked to me at length about what we are doing. I had printed out some of the "business cards" and I gave him a few. He was very excited that some of us actually cared about the company. He's been there 20-some years and sounded as bitter as us. He had just finished an International tour and was disappointed in the decrease in quality of service up front. He made sure the mug wasn't empty.

Looks like we made a friend here. I will forward Ira his info so we can add him to the list.

And... if that wasn't enough... I had a connection from SFO onto LAS on UA. Until the mugs, no US personnel had even commented on my pin, but I only took 1 step onto this 757 when a FA said, "You know you have a bug on your shirt?" I said, "Yes, it's a cockroach, a USAirways Cockroach". She asked why, and I told her all about it. She was pleased that even though I was giving US the business, that I had bought the ticket with UA, and was actually flying them too (and taking the miles on US). Once again, I got to enjoy Economy Plus, even with such a late evening flight (10:35PM departure, 11:45PM arrival). The whole attitude of the FA's and the service is refreshing. US really needs to take a look at what their marketing partner does. I really think that on non-transcons/non-meal flights, I like E+ better than US First.

Anyway, a good roach day all-around. Now it's off to bed and a day of shopping in Vegas before Comdex on Monday.

------------------
A "Mileage Run"... is that what they're called? I've been doing them for years and didn't know they had a name.