FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Solo travel in Colombia
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:49 pm
aeo

I was there in Nov.

and had a blast. I stayed near Chapinero, which, as pointed out, is the gayer part of town (though it doesn't really feel like a neighborhood). Never once felt unsafe. I went out both nights I was there - first to Teatron, which is a huge multi-story club with quite a few separate bars of various shapes and sizes and a huge dance floor. I had a great time - the place was packed and I liked that I could circulate to the different rooms. There was even an outdoor deck and cafe on the roof. People were extremely friendly, and it was there that I received recommendations for where to go the next night in town. The second night I went to a party on the top floor of a skyscraper - quite awesome, though I think it was a once in a while sort of thing. But, as I said, if you ask around, people will tell you.

The clubs aside, I had a marvelous time exploring Bogota - there are some great restaurants, particularly up north and in the zona rosa, La Candelaria has a ton of character, and the views up on the mountains above the city are spectacular.

Enjoy.