FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DUBAI: Dar Al Sondos Hotel Apartments by Le Meridien [Master Thread].
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:16 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Stayed at this property last week for a night.

First impressions were positive. I had put in my comments that I was arriving late and on what flight (to avoid them cancelling my reservation). Needless to say I was surprised when at arrivals a driver was holding my name on it - especially seeing that I had planned on taking a cab. Transfer to the hotel took about 25 minutes. They did not make reference to the 55AED charge for picking me up at the airport until checkout. Somewhat weird IMHO but I didn't mind as I figured the difference in price wouldn't have been that great.

The hotel is lost in a sideroad (by Dubai's standards). A supermarket is about 2 blocks down the road. There's a Four points not far away either for those into hotel hopping.

At check-in the agent was friendly and I was offered a fruit mix/punch quite a nice taste and touch to it bearing in mind how much I paid for the hotel (225AED). The hotel recognised me as a platinum member and upgraded me to an executive floor and room. A fruit plate and water bottles were awaiting me in the room.

The room was quite large and fully equipped. The room was of dubious cleanliness though and permanent urine stains were visible on the toilet seat.

The executive lounge is of medium size, although the breakfast options are very extensive (most I've ever seen in a lounge) with an attendant providing top-notch service (once again a contradition with the price they charge).

Overall a good stay. The service is great (better than the Sheraton Deira). Rooms need to be overhauled and cleaned up though. The location is a bit out of the way - although with taxis being very cheap in Dubai that's not at all a problem.