FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removing Used/Expired Visa Stickers from Passport
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:56 pm
Goldlust
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Exclamation In Denmark, you get your old passport back at once

Originally Posted by Flaflyer
Which brings up a related but slightly OT subject.

I am sure it is SSI top secret, but. . . Every ten years when you send in your PP for renewal, does/might the US State Department take that opportunity, before they void it and send it back for you to keep, to thumb through your pages of stamps and add them to your personal database so the computer can see if they match the airline tickets you have purchased and your customs recorded border crossings, etc.? Or see if you might have used foreign purchased air tickets or unrecorded cash travel like trains or busses to visit "countries of concern"?
As a Dane, I get my old passport returned to me, when I apply for a new one. The government does not look at any of the visa pages.

Originally Posted by jplus
I have been thinking about removing used full-page visa stickers from my passport to make room for stamps.

Any one done this?
I have not done it, nor would I ever do it. I am pretty sure this is not legal regarding any Danish passport but my quick search in the criminal code turned out to be fruitless. The way I see it, my passport is for me to carry and show but only for any government agent to actually change.