FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proposal: Split UA into multiple child forums
Old Mar 12, 2009, 3:08 pm
LIH Prem

The list of all the complaint subforums was a joke. Maybe everybody didn't read through the OP to the end? (Some people that replied did, some didn't.)

The real proposal was to basically split it into 2 child forums, one MP-related only and one non MP-related only as a first cut. Finer divisions are possible, but they may not be desirable, especially when the topics start overlapping multiple child forums.

I really think a reasonable division would be one child forum for anything mileage related, and one for everything else.

Filtering only works if the subjects are very specific. Today you have no idea if a topic is going to be about a mileage earning question or opportunity vs an issue or question about a flight, equipment, upgrade, etc. Some people are better than others when it comes to naming their topics. And, yes, the mods try to do a good job, but the forum is so popular and busy, I'm sure it's hard for the mods to keep up with every post. By the time they merge a thread, or fix a topic name, etc, there's 20 more new threads.

I used to try to keep up with the UA forum on a daily basis, but I've given up, because it's just not possible unless you have several hours a day to devote to it.

Sure, there's something to be said for keeping things as they are, but I think we can do better, hence my suggestion.

At any rate, at least the debate is interesting, and it's good to hear from the moderators of that forum for their perspective.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 12, 2009 at 3:17 pm