FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:06 pm
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by quartney
Thanks for the welcome, everyone

Gemac, your post was very helpful. I didn't know that I could combine options and then call for the award.

One thing, though, is that I'm trying to do the long part of the trip (to HNL) first class, and the 1st class availability "from the mainland" is what I'm not seeing. Am I missing something?

That flight doesn't seem to be available for frequent flyer point redemption. Right?
Sorry - I missed the fact that you wanted to go First. Best bet is to fly to SFO on the 12th, then SFO-HNL on the 13th. For example, you could fly CAE-DFW on AA 3826 departing at 5:50 P.M., then DFW-SFO on AA 1035 arriving SFO at 10:09 P.M. The next day, the 13th, you can fly SFO-HNL on AA 39, departing 9:00 A.M. arriving 11:20 A.M.

The return is a problem - there are no MilesAAver F seats on any AA flight out of the state of Hawaii on June 22. You have to book a later date - the 23rd or 24th - and hope that the 22nd comes open as it gets closer. It probably will. F seats are harder to get returning from Hawaii, as most of the flights are redeyes and people want to sleep coming back. There is one daylight flight from HNL to LAX, one from HNL to SFO, and one from OGG to LAX. If your main concern is trip duration, as you get closer you can always try to move the outbound back a couple of days.