FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Nor1 Hotels/Upgrades" Thread
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:36 am
Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Keeping this thread alive - has anyone had experiences with the NOR1 / eStandby upgrade-shill-thing in practical use?

I just got this tonight, booking a stay at a Hilton Resort property - first time I've been faced with this option.

I should, as a Diamond, be upgraded anyway. If I choose the lowest "space available upgrade" at no cost, I'm concerned I'm locked in there (there are many different/better upgrades of rooms and suites at this property than the one they are saying is my "free" Diamond NOR1 upgrade.)

I'm really wanting a better room, and am concerned I'll get stuck with "Oh, good news - your REQUEST on the website has been granted!"

I think I'm going to skip the offer, and just talk to the front desk, call prior to check in for the room I really want. Actually, for no other reason, I'm doing a little protest vote here - Hilton, skip this kind of crap. I'm not playing this game.

Anyone else have experience with how this works if you do or don't accept the eStandby thing?

I love HHONORS and Hilton family properties - but this is the first time I've felt nickle and dimed, left a bad taste in the process.

Well, that and last week the Doubletree Phoenix Gateway didn't recognize I was a Diamond, nor upgraded me when I asked... but other than these two strikes, they ain't out yet.

TDM