FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CONSOLIDATED "Linking WorldPerks With Skymiles?" Thread [500 Mile Bonus after Link]
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:10 pm
ExitRowAisle

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by milehighclubnz
Has anyone tried to link his DL account to a NW account with DIFFERENT NAME? I am looking at hooking up my orphan NW account with my mate's orphan DL account, so there're enough NW miles to get out of the orphanage

I don't see T&C prohibiting linking DL and NW accounts under different names, so theoretically and technically it's doable, at least before DL and NW formally merge? Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

milehighclubnz
You might want to read the T&C's. The first bullet states:

The linking of a Northwest WorldPerks account and a Delta SkyMiles account is a non-reversible transaction once confirmed by the user and can only be done between accounts that are owned by the same person. First and last names must match on the accounts and the user must submit WorldPerks and SkyMiles account numbers and PINs

The fourth bullet reads:

Any attempt to fraudulently link accounts or transfer miles between fraudulently linked accounts is prohibited and any such transaction will be reversed and may result in account termination.