FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best/worst Big 6 program for low-yield flyers?
Old Aug 28, 2003, 9:43 am
SAT Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hhonorman:
Just curious, what would the order of that list of 6 airlines be for someone who has no status, and flies quite infrequently for business, mostly for pleasure, and always on the cheapest fare? I've been concentrating the overwhelming majority or my travel (little that it is) with AA because I like their MRTC, and that seems to be the best I can hope for with no status. Any thoughts? </font>
AA would be the big winner under these circumstances because of MRTC (except on the A300 and 757 fleet where it is about to go the way of the dinosaur and dodo bird). Forget about CO and NW entirely because their coach product is crap (and a non-elite won't be getting any complimentary domestic upgrades). But for low yield, infrequent domestic travelers, it would be an oversight to omit WN's Rapid Rewards program from consideration because only four roundtrips earns you a free ticket with very few restrictions.