FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A suggestion for Customer Service
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:07 pm
mjschill

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
1930 flight was cancelled due to mechanical, nothing to do with loads.
Convince me.....Andrew, are you reading from a computer screen, or did you talk to someone from ground ops in YUL????

Here's what I witnessed tonight:

1. Inbound flight ( which was to be #495) arrived at gate 1 at about 7:00PM. passengers disembarked, the crew followed within a couple of minutes and left without talking to anyone at the gate.

2. From my vanatage point in front of the window at Gate #1 watching the aircraft for about 20 minutes from arrival until our cancelation was announced, not a single maintenance truck or maintenance person in site...at any point.

3. Gate agent, about 10 ft away from me, talking with another ac staff, asking what to say because she's been told that the flight has been cancelled (no discussion of maintenance issues).

4. Actual announcement did not cite maintenance as the issue. To the best I can recollect, the gate agent said "There's been a change in plans, and the aircraft at the gate isn't going anywhere. Please proceed to gate 5, there are enough seats on the 8PMflight to accomodate everyone"

5. When be pushed back on the 8PM flight, the E90 was still at gate 1, un-attended. If it's a maintenance issue, wouldn't they have towed it, or had people servicing it....doesn't AC need to get it back in the air ASAP???

Andrew, it would be refreshing to understand what the maintenance issue was. I'm usually not a cynic, however it seems when I'm booked on a rapidair flight that's under sold, it seems to get cancelled half the time.

My fully sold-out rapidair flight are never, ever cancelled, for any reason. I've sat for up to 3 hours at times in the past waiting out delays for a 45 minute flight to YUL or YOW.

Doesn't add up......