FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Mar 3, 2009, 9:27 am
banzani

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Thumbs down huge disappointment

Just completed my first stay there. As a long-time Plat, and reading the discussion here, my expectations were high. Well....

I was 'upgraded' to a 'city-view premium room on the SPG floor, newly renovated'. This turned out to be a small room. The 'view' might have been nice - if the windows hadn't been small, and high under the ceiling. When looking at the hotel from outside, I saw that only the SPG (6th) floor has these tiny windows - all other floors have large windows. Great pick for the SPG floor. There was only a curtain-shower, too, which I dislike. The TV was at least 10 years old (maybe 'newly renovated').

The only Platinum recognition was the amenity - I chose a bottle of wine. There was nothing else (greeting card, fruit, etc). There was also no apparent interest in me as a guest (no greeting, etc).

I was stunned - there was no turndown service either. Quite surprising for a hotel of this class/price.

I was looking forward to telling them about my disappointment at check-out. However, they didn't even dare asking whether I enjoyed my stay. They probably knew the answer.

I was staying at the Best available Rate with Breakfast.

A huge thumbs down for this stay.