FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:44 pm
Ocn Vw 1K
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Stayed here the past weekend with one of those "huge conventions" the OP related. Was most impressed with the can-do spirit of all departments, esp. since 700 were in our group. Last year was the first year of this convention at this property and the property was overwhelmed. This year, everything clicked and what was so impressive was how wonderfully nice all staff were from area mgrs. to new entry-level worker and how well they all worked together.

As Silver was given newly-remodeled 16th fl. S. Tower room with early c/i and a 1.5 hr. late c/o granted Sun. w/o batting an eye as opposed to it being denied last year. If I didn't enjoy the HH Millenium across the E. River even more, would definitely stay here even without a group function. There's no doubt that the Brooklyn staff beats hands down any NYC area hotel staff and I've stayed in a lot of area properties.