FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CONSOLIDATED "Linking WorldPerks With Skymiles?" Thread [500 Mile Bonus after Link]
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:58 pm
milemaster

Consolidate NWA/Delta Accounts? 500 mi bonus by March 15

Anyone know if it's wise to take advantage of the 500 mile offer to combine accounts?

e-mail:

Our records indicate that you may have both a Delta Air Lines® SkyMiles® account and a WorldPerks account. Link your accounts before March 15, 2009, and earn 500 Bonus Miles!

You'll be able to combine miles immediately to redeem for mileage upgrades, award travel, and even shopping. Enjoy the benefits of both programs, even before they're fully integrated!
web site:
Link Accounts, Combine Miles, Get Awards

When you link your Northwest WorldPerks account with your Delta SkyMiles account you can combine your transferable miles immediately to redeem for mileage upgrades, award travel, and even shopping. Enjoy the benefits of both programs, even before they’re fully integrated.

* Combine miles for upgrades
* Earn award travel faster
* Unlimited mileage transfer between both accounts
* Link your accounts by March 15, 2009 and earn 500 Bonus Miles

Linking your WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts now will enable automatic consolidation of your account history, including elite qualification balances, when the programs merge.

Two simple steps to faster rewards:

1. Validate account numbers and PINs. You’ll enter both your WorldPerks and your SkyMiles login for authentication.
2. Link accounts, transfer miles. After linking your accounts, you can begin to transfer miles from one account to the other. You may transfer as many miles as you want in either direction--as many times as you want--as long as the miles are there to transfer.

Or you may choose to only link your accounts and not transfer your miles at this time. You can return as often as you want to transfer miles between accounts.

You can link your accounts and transfer miles now. Refer to the terms and conditions for complete details.

Account Linking Bonus Miles Terms and Conditions

1. A member with both a WorldPerks and a SkyMiles account can earn 500 Bonus Miles by linking their WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts.
2. 500 Bonus Miles will be deposited into the SkyMiles account you provided during your linking session.
3. Maximum Bonus Miles any one member can earn with this promotion is 500 Bonus Miles.
4. Promotion Period January 29, 2009 – March 15, 2009
5. Bonus Miles will be credited to SkyMiles member's account 2-4 weeks after the end of the promotion.
http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/acctli...tro2.LinkAccts

What is confusing is that the merger FAQs say that the two programs will be kept separate and mileage from one cannot be use in another:

51. Can I use my SkyMiles to book Award Travel on nwa.com and my WorldPerks miles to book Award Travel on delta.com?

Not at this time. During the transition period, SkyMiles and WorldPerks will remain separate and active programs. SkyMiles can continue to be redeemed for travel on delta.com and WorldPerks miles can continue to be redeemed for travel on nwa.com.
http://www.nwa.com/merger/faq/?omni=...#frequentflyer

Is that outdated information?

Does anyone know what happens when you "combine" (or "link") accounts? When you go through the process, it suggests the accounts may be merged later in the time table, but it does ask you to confirm, "yes, I want to transfer miles now." I don't want to lose the ability to use my NWA miles on NWA.

Thanks.