FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Favourite hotels in the whole wide world?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 7:51 am
747_not_777

Programs: BA Gold
Question Favourite hotels in the whole wide world?

Using the combined power of the forum, wouldn’t mind harnessing some opinions on your top three favourite hotels (not destinations) in the world. Useful for us all when booking a weekend break or a longer summer holiday. After all, got to do something exciting with the 2for1 every year.

So – name your trop three, and a sentence or two maximum on why it’s your favourite.

Here’s my starter for ten…

1. Lilianfels Blue Mountain Resort & Spa, Katoomba, NSW, Australia
    Luxury retreat overlooking the blue mountains, with amazing views (when it’s not foggy) and the best Wagyu steak I have ever tasted in my entire life, at a reasonable price. Bedrooms wonderful and full of charm.
  2. The Signature at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV, USA
    A great way to do Vegas if you want to retreat away from the madness of it all at the end of the day, and if you don’t want to queue to check-in, queue for taxi’s etc etc. Closed to non-residents and awesome bedrooms.
  3. Inver Lodge Hotel, Highlands, Scotland
    Small hotel perched on a hill top overlooking the small fishing village of Lochinver. Amazing views from every room, quiet, friendly, great food and surrounded by some of the most amazing scenery in the world. Only ruined by the fact BA don’t fly to INV any more