FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Feb 26, 2009, 2:51 pm
Anglo Large Clawed Otter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
My New Year's Stay at W Montreal

I had a stay at this W just before New Year's. The experience was simply fantastic, and this is one of my new favorite W properties. We were upgraded to a Corner Fantastic Suite on an upper floor, and absolutely loved the room. Check-in staff could not have been more friendly, and the concierge was very helpful in arranging ski lessons for us at the Westin Tremblant. The Suite came with an iphone 3G, with preloaded apps that recommended restaurants and sights in Montreal. The GPS functionality of the iphone was also extremely useful for navigating around Montreal on foot, as neither of us had been there before. I was sad to leave after just three days in Montreal, and will definitely be back. Below are some photos of the Hotel and the Fantastic Suite they placed us in:

W Montreal Lobby

Fantastic Suite Living Room (iPhone 3G Visible on Top-Right of Desk)

Fantastic Suite Living Room & Open-Plan Bathroom

Fantastic Suite Open Plan Bathroom

Fantastic Suite Open Plan Bathroom

Fantastic Suite Soaking Tub With Rubber-Duck

Fantastic Suite Bed