FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - transport tips to see cave paintings
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2009, 1:32 am
benzguy80

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by robyng
If I recall correctly - the Perigord Noir is part of the Dordogne region of France. I would therefore recommend getting a copy of the Michelin Green Guide to the Dordogne - which will show you everything there is to see. I have found the Green Michelin guides very useful in the past (and once spent a week or so in the Dordogne region of France using the guide). Apart from the caves - the Dordogne is the foie gras and truffles and armagnac region of France - best eating in the country IMO. Robyn
thanks Robyn

I am looking forward to the gastronomic discoveries during this visit. I had some interesting foie gras in my one visit to Lyon, and wish to try more. Can't say I've ever had truffles (other than the chocolate kind which don't count), but they sound good.

I'm finding lodging to be scarce over period 5/21-24, so I'm hoping the guide you suggested will help with that. All the hotels in Sarlat-le-Caneda are apparently full, so I am checking out alternative places to stay. At least we'll have a car for a change so I have options which may include taking the train to Angouleme and renting a car there instead of Limoges.

merci et à bientôt
benzguy80