FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Travel - Recourse for Schedule / Equipment Changes (consolidated)
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:10 pm
i_fly_AA

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Your first mistake is in relying on the .pdf timetable. The .pdf timetable is notoriously unreliable. Last year, for about a month, it showed but three DFW-LAX flights.

Page 8, showing ORD-DFW (p 11 of the .pdf) shows 2349 changing to an MD-83 yet omits 2345 becoming the 777. See page 13 (p 16 of the .pdf); no cancellation.

Your other error is in posting nonsense from airliners.net.
Interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind. I certainly hope that it doesn't go away because I've been wanting to get on that flight for a while now. I never get a chance to fly widebodies domestically and as a matter of fact, when I flew ORD-SFO on a 763 this month, this was my first domestic widebody flight in probably a decade. Anyway, I could have sworn I read about discontinuation of the 777 service on ORD-DFW recently. This, coupled with the info on the timetable, made me sure that this was going to happen. I hope that with all the upcoming summer changes (i.e. DFW-MAD, etc.) that this route will, in fact, stick around.