FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")
Old Feb 24, 2009, 5:28 am
VanTheMan63

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
I would agree that now, they are the worst managed aviation product in the history of modern aviation, managing to best Lorenzo and the TWA....but they weren't always like that.

For years, this was a GREAT airline...it's only been since the America's Worst team bought them that the great name of US Airways (US Air) has been dragged through the mud.

I can still remmeber, vividly, how AWFUL CO was in the early and mid '90s. They got "fixed" when Bethune took over...and that's what needs to happen at US...someone who can inspire, manage and motivate people to create an exceptional brand must take over...will it happen? Maybe. One thing is for sure, as long as the current group of Sand Fleas infesting the Sand Castle is in place, the airline will be an "avoid whenever possible" airline.

But it has not always been this way...and for the love of God, I wish the America's Worst gang would have used their own name on this God-awful product we have now.