FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at JFK
Thread: Cars at JFK
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:35 pm
travelismylife
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
I've been to both recently

I can answer this pretty well, as I go to both of them quite a bit. Ime the EA and ES at LGA SUCK, STINK, BLOW. Been there 10 times in the past year, and there are always very few cars and very plain cars, generally you can get either an impala or a grand prix or an impala or a grand prix and occasionally a small suv. I will say that the weekend is bettter, late Fri. afternoon ans Sat. there are more cars and there is a better selection. The fleet at LGA is not big- small location (small airport). JFK on the other hand has better selection but again during the week can be tough b/c there are so many business people using them. But it's a much bigger location/bigger fleet (got Hybrids there and Malibus and other interesting stuff). Oth, b/c JFK is such a big airport it's a real pain, between taking the train and walking, eats up a lot of time both on the pickup and the return, LGA is much quicker. But if you don't mind then pick JFK over LGA, for suure. Oh yeah, the National at LGA lets people park there for a nominal fee, so sometimes there are cars in the EA and ES that are private cars and not for rent but of course you don't know this until you get close to the car and in the meantime somebody took your 2nd choice car. Whatever. BBottom line- not a big fan of National LGA- but hey it is convenient and easy.