FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An absolutely insane increase in baggage fees that no one has caught yet
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:20 pm
hfly
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) No, Actually if one were shipping personal luggage rather than commercial cargo for example I know of many countries wherte they will NOT deliver it to you, where you would have to get a customs broker and possibly spend days at the airport to get your stuff. You are proving that old adage about "A little knowledge being a dangerous thing." Furthermore, if one were being posted to another country, but not all the paperwork yet sorted out.......there are many countries where it CANNOT be sorted out until you are actually in country.....most actually, you may not even be ALLOWED to import anything that is not accompanying you.

2) No, Its not a case of more or less, actually, its a matter of convenience, and for that matter, good business, the expat, especially the big one on an allowance which you cited before, generates lots of money for the airline, you would think that they wouldn;t want to bleed them too much. In any case thank you for proving the intellectually dishonest bit that I posted above, if its cheaper, you'll find fault, if its the same you'll find reason and if its more expensive you'll find fault in the other direction.

3) I can complain, or as you put it a few posts above "whine" as much as I want. This is a FREQUENT FLIER INFORMATION BOARD, this bit of information, a more than 300% rise in prices was not covered here anywhere else on this board. Therefore it is new and important information. You have now said your peace repeatedly, flawed reasoning, but your opinion, examples and all, REPEATEDLY, and are obviously trying to start and contiinue a brawl (especially as it seems that from your responses that you have never ever had a dog in this fight) therefore be a responsible individual and abandon this thread, as you seemingly have nothing new of value to offer to it.