FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boston: which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:40 pm
Sam P. Goodman

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Just returned from a long weekend in Boston. We did some hotel hopping and here are some impressions:

Four Points Logan
Called for shuttle on arrival and it was there to pick up our pilots so minimal waiting. Plat status recognized at check-in and amenity offered. We were on a breakfast included rate and it took a minute our two to sort that out and we were off to our room. Standard (I'm guessing the only kind) room on the top floor. Nothing special. It was fine. Breakfast was decent, aside from the mouse that scurried across the dining room. No joke. I mentioned it on check-out and the guy was pretty matter of fact about it. "I've heard. They're trying to do something about that." We only stayed here because our arrival was so late (after midnight) and probably won't repeat.

Sheraton Boston
We had two one-night stays here. The first night, we were upgraded to a mini-suite in the north tower with a nice view of the river. It was small and dated, but comfortable. Neither TV worked (no signal at all). We had already prepped for bed when we discovered it so I didn't mention it until check-out. I wasn't trying for compensation, but the guy offered 2,500 points and I'm not one to refuse free points. On our second stay we were told that a better room (likely an executive suite) would be available later if we came back. We were offered a lesser room in the meantime, but we were headed out so we said we would just come back. We were given a "suite" that I would describe more as a junior suite on the top floor of the north tower. Basically a big room with a sofa and chair. Also dated and tired, but comfortable.

We were given lounge access on both stays and enjoyed the nice spread in the morning. Cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, danishes, bagels, etc. We were never there during evening lounge hours.

They are currently renovating the north tower which can be loud during the day. They were very good about warning guests about it, but note that they're not kidding about noise. At times, it sounded like they were jackhammering our walls. Not a big deal since we were usually out, but as the guy we passed in the hall shouted at us, "Don't plan on taking a nap."

The rooms should be pretty nice when construction is done. In the meantime, they're decent, but the stays were made better by the attentive front desk staff and Plat recognition. We'll stay there again, especially post-construction.

Westin Copley
Check-in was a disaster with only 3 people working the desk and dozens in line. We probably waited 30 minutes, but we're rewarded with a junior suite. Of the four rooms we had, this was by far the nicest and largest. My only complaint (other than check-in) was the pillows on the bed (no feather). Would definitely stay there again. The Duke basketball team was staying there for their game against BC and we rode up in the elevator with some of them. Coach K is intense.