FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Palm Springs, CA
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:30 pm
mandymere

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Priority Club Platinum
I must agree with DJ_Iceman. Although my significant other and I had to stop our road-warrioring last summer, every time we had to drive through the area, we stayed at the JW. It is a great deal at the military rate. We were very pleased with the room service, the golf, and the pool area in the summer is really hopping. Our only complaint was that the we got stuck with a very long walk from our room to the elevators on our first stay and have consulted a map at check-in to prevent such a thing on subsequent stays.

On a side note. We decided once to try the Desert Villas that are in the same complex. They are the Marriott Vacation Rentals, or whatever they are called and can also be booked nightly. Instead of getting a full (or even half) kitchen and a spacious room (that were advertised on the website and completely misled us), we ended up with a mini-fridge, microwave, and a single room no bigger than our typical JW room. We were also lucky enough to get an overflowing toilet that spread over an inch of water across the entire place and all of our things. So go for the JW and stay far away from the Villas.

Meredith