FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:45 pm
JudyJFLA

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
As for just making a few bucks on the hassle. Take for example using a Priority Club card for the purchase and buying $5K in coins. 5000 points will get you a pointsaver night in Miami, so that is worth over $100.
I have used my Amex Starwood card to help gain points for a Venice trip, and my Hilton Amex to go over the $20K limit to get gold status back. Of course in the summer we have a store and I only use coins for $1 change. The women love them and want more for their kids and grandkids, the guys hate them and think they are a quarter. I just tell them that they obviously have not travelled much in the world to where they use coins for anything under a $5, and if they have not noticed, they are a different color and a larger size than a quarter. Only one has thrown a total hissy fit. Funny thing, the bakery across the street really had alot more tips come in in the form of gold dollars!!
Here in the winter in Florida I use them for bridge tolls, fast food under $4 and most transactions under $5. Most cashiers think they are cool, and I now am wearing my cool new pin from the mint showing the program! The only real haters here are Chase bank! I have $7 on hand and just ordered 10 boxes of the native yesterday, and still have a hold on an order from last month but can't track it the past few days online. I don't remember if that one was under me or the dog and his amex card!!
JudyJFLA