FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Driving Boston-DC
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2009, 3:23 pm
OB one
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Pooch
Thank you all for your suggestions ... I had thought of Amtrak, and should have mentioned (apologies) that we're starting in NYC and taking Amtrak to BOS (I'm not brave enough to even consider a car anywhere near NYC ) ... but a couple of days in Baltimore sounds promising ... at the end of deubster's leisurely drive ... thanks again folks!
A couple things as you suggest you would enjoy deubster's itinerary. If you stop in Mystic, take a ride out to Groton/Long Point to see more ocean and more beautiful houses before getting back on 95. And I would take Rt 15, the Merritt Parkway, which is much nicer than 95. Trucks arew not allowed and trees line the road. You can catch it after New Haven in Milford.

I think stopping in Stamford/Bridgeport may be a little early, and since you don't want anything to do with NYC driving (and I would guess the GWB and NJ Turnpike), I would get across the Tappan Zee Bridge and consider staying somewhere in New York or north Jersey off I 287 (no idea where, we always stay with friends in Westfield.) Enjoy your trip.