FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana (OZ) F ORD-HKG with a twist on intra asia UA F and NH C (lots of pics)(Part 3)
Old Feb 16, 2009, 2:48 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Asiana (OZ) F ORD-HKG with a twist on intra asia UA F and NH C (lots of pics)(Part 3)

ANA Crowne Plaza NRT
1/23/09
Rm 1427

Last time when I was at NRT overnighting, I stayed at the Hilton NRT, which was horrible, looks like a 2 star hotel, as a gold I only get breakfest coupon. So I decided to try out ANA Crowne Plaza, it is a little more expensive than Hilton, but they are running a promotion about if you checkin before 1/31/09, you will get a 1000yen dining coupon at checkin, so I decided to do that and priorityclub is also running a bonus point promotion at the same time.

Little to I know the shuttle from NRT to the Crowne Plaza actually runs every 30 min, if I was an hour earlier, it only runs every hour ! I have never heard of an airport hotel runs the shuttle so less frequent. With still some 20 min for the next shuttle, I have nothing to do other than some people watching.

Some guy and lady insist to help me with my luggage, (I have two luggages plus two carryons) I try to stop them from helping me as I have no Japanese yen with me, all I have are US dollar and HK dollar. They actually help me with my luggage all the way to my room, I was so embrassed actually gave them a $5 tip, but who knows it looks like they don't want or they can't take any money from me

Rooms are much smaller than Hilton, but as least get a lot more pillows, I remembered in hilton, all I got are 2 really soft pillows. In this Crowne Plaza, it actually has 4 pillows quite firm.

Bathroom and amenities

In the beginning, I thought about going to the Aviation Museum near NRT, but I know they close at 5pm, and after I got to the hotel it is already almost 4pm, so I dropped that idea and decided to go to the NRT observation deck for some plane spotting at Terminal 1.

Soon to be gone NW 747-400 N671US and A330-200 N855NW

KE 777-200ER HL7598

One of the 3 JL 747-300 left in the fleet, ex-JAA JA8185

I had checked the price for dinner at NRT is not that cheap, even subway cost more than 600 yen, so I decided to head back to the hotel restaurant. I had the seafood pasta in creamy sauce for 1500 yen, after the 1000 yen coupon, it is down to 500 yen, not bad at all.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 23, 2009 at 3:32 pm