FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Feb 15, 2009, 9:34 pm
nologic

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by workmanja
Hi folks. Although I was planning a very romantic weekend in Quebec City, given the limited choice of Starwood properties coupled with my free night Plat. gift, I've decided to do W Montreal instead. So I'm hoping to get down over the Easter Weekend.

A couple questions:

1. Since this is a very *big* weekend and I am hoping for romantic, any suggestions on how to get the best upgrade as a plat member? I will bo staying two nights (weekend), one night paying cash and the second using the free stay.
2. Does this hotel offer free breakfast or other amenities for plat members?
3. Is there a lounge?
4. Anything else I should know about W Hotels? I've never stayed at a W Hotel so this will be a first.

Finally, I've never used the platinum concierge service before. Might this be a good time to give it a shot?
Thanks everyone!
Why not let the hotel/GM know you are coming for a big, romantic weekend and ask them

As you have heard, no lounge, no breakfast, and (sas of last week), no free coffee in the lobby in the morning, but yes to free hot chocolate and pieces of cookies in the afternoon.

But, I think it is a terrific hotel for the money, and the only "romantic" spg hotel.