FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:14 pm
redstorm

Programs: Via 1 Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
W Montreal Answers

1. I only manage to stay there one night during my visits and as a Platinum have always been upgraded to a Fantastic Suite. It always depends on availability and in my experience if I stayed at a property for more than 1 night I tend not to get a suite but that's me.

2. No breakfast unfortunately. They have two places where you can have breakfast, Otto and the Cafe on the main floor. But as other posters noted there are some alternatives outside and hopefully the weather will be better for you to venture out. The fitness centre is very modern. Free wifi on the ground floor the last time I was there.

3. There is no lounge like the Sheratons. There are two bars on the property. For me, the W is the hip place to be in Montreal for SPG. The Sheraton has a very nice lounge with free breakfasts and snacks at night for Platinums.

4. There are 4 SPG properties in Montreal. As in my previous reply, the W has the cool factor. If you want to dance and party, this is the place to be with the Wunderbar. Be prepared, the halls and some places are darker than normal. It's the vibe.

Hope this helps.

Redstorm

Originally Posted by workmanja
Hi folks. Although I was planning a very romantic weekend in Quebec City, given the limited choice of Starwood properties coupled with my free night Plat. gift, I've decided to do W Montreal instead. So I'm hoping to get down over the Easter Weekend.

A couple questions:

1. Since this is a very *big* weekend and I am hoping for romantic, any suggestions on how to get the best upgrade as a plat member? I will bo staying two nights (weekend), one night paying cash and the second using the free stay.
2. Does this hotel offer free breakfast or other amenities for plat members?
3. Is there a lounge?
4. Anything else I should know about W Hotels? I've never stayed at a W Hotel so this will be a first.

Finally, I've never used the platinum concierge service before. Might this be a good time to give it a shot?
Thanks everyone!