FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies
Old Feb 15, 2009, 5:29 am
Flyer737

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by friedablass
From past experience you can use any CO voucher for any ticket available on their website - be it refundable or non-refundable. The voucher is used as a form of payment instead of a credit card, western union, etc. Therefore, you can use vouchers to pay for refundable fares.
For CO, I have had the same experience. The voucher obtained after the initial rebooking can be used just like cash.

Another tidbit for you CO'ers. One concern I had with booking the 20k domestic fixed point flights ($400 max) was loss of 100% EQM for lower tier fares. My original 90k redemption ticket, "purchased" via TY/Expedia, was changed by me on-line at CO.com to a low cost "T" fare". Normally T fares booked by a 3rd party will earn only 50% EQM, but I received 100% EQM. If you stay with TYP and the variable redemptions, this tells me that you can probably book a low cost refundable ticket on line via TY/Expedia and then change it to a cheap fare that you want on CO.com. Pay the difference with your PPE and get 100% EQM from the airline plus flight points from TY.