FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies
Old Feb 14, 2009, 9:14 pm
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Happy
If the ticket is in DL stock (I assume it is), then you get DL voucher.

If you cancel the ticket within 24hr, your ticket value may go back to TYN and you would have to wait for TYN receiving the refund on their credit card, before TYN would refund your 90K pts, and that would probably be after Feb 28.
Hey thanks Happy! I was kind of nervous, I thought this should work but I've never done anything like this before. I'm sure it must be Delta stock, the first flight is Delta metal and all of the flights are Delta or Delta codeshares with Northwest (which is in many respects the same airline already).

Makes me feel good to get in on this at least for the last round; even though when I recognize now how tremendous the value was for those in on this program in the early days.

They told me that if I had to cancel within 24 hours, if the airline approved the refund, then I could reuse the points immediately (but who knows if the agent really knew what they were talking about). But it sounds like I don't have to worry about that.