FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer mileage to nominee account
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2009, 7:04 pm
SAllen

Programs: SQ*G, BA, DL
Originally Posted by MA_NSW
Thanks guys for your response. Let me clear my situation so that you can provide best advice.

After completing our latest trip we all have the following points:

- My self: 11400
- My wife: 11400
- Our two kids: 11400 (each)

Our kids less likely to fly in next 3 years. However, me & my wife we fly to NZ end of this year.

Based on all of your response above, looks like the milage not transferable. Is there any way to utilize our kids point as we both are nominee to their account?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
MA
The reason why SQ does not allow transfers of miles is because they do not want customers to pool their miles together, so that higher-level awards (e.g. business class tickets or long-haul redemptions) can be attained. In your case, you can use the miles in those four accounts on four separate tickets. 11,400 is enough for a roundtrip to points in Malaysia and Indonesia between July and September this year. If you are absolutely sure your kids won't be accruing more miles in the three years since mileage accrual, you shld spend the 11,400 (through nominee redemption) while you have a chance to, with the ongoing KF discounts. Or you could top up US$80 (for 2000 miles) on each account to redeem flights to Thailand, Cebu and Yangon at 12,500 miles apiece (my sense is this is not really worth it...)